If you are experiencing an illness or injury that is not life-threatening or serious enough to send you to the emergency room, but shouldn’t wait for you to schedule an appointment with your primary care provider, immediate (or urgent) care may be the answer.
Immediate care is appropriate when you experience a non-life-threatening illness or injury that requires care within 24 hours. Examples include:
- Minor accidents or falls
- Sprains, strains and broken bones
- Minor cuts, injuries or burns
- Fever, flu, vomiting, diarrhea and nausea
- Skin rashes and infections
Our immediate care providers are trained and have extensive experience in urgent care medicine. At these locations, we also provide routine care and physicals.
- Extended hours with no appointment necessary. Some of our immediate care facilities even provide 24/7 care, 365 days a year.
- Quality care in fully-equipped facilities. Vidant Health immediate care offices offer comprehensive lab and radiology services and providers who are trained in the diagnosis and treatment or urgent medical conditions.
- Convenient, secure access to your health care through Vidant MyChart. Our online patient portal makes it easy to review important health information, request prescription refills, view lab results, request appointments, access follow-up care, send a message to your doctor and much more. No matter where you see a Vidant Health provider, all your records are tied together electronically, so your care is easily coordinated.