When there is an issue - even a slight imbalance - within your endocrine system, your body's hormones are thrown off. Left untreated, you may develop an endocrine disorder or disease. There are many different types of endocrine disorders and diseases, but the most common - and one that is prevalent in eastern North Carolina - is diabetes.
Diabetes is a disease that affects the body's ability to produce and/or use insulin. There are three types of diabetes - Type 1, Type 2 and gestational diabetes. At Vidant Health, we have a team of diabetes experts who can help you manage your disease.
Together, we'll come up with a comprehensive plan to tackle your diabetes or any other endocrine disorder diagnosis. By combining patient education about lifestyle changes with the use of medication and other devices, we help those living with these disorders reduce symptoms and improve their quality of life.
- We believe in prevention. Because endocrine disorders can lead to even more issues - heart, lung and kidney problems, among others - our trained health care professionals spend time educating you on how to prevent that from happening.
- We also believe in empowering you. With these types of disorders, much of the work happens at your home. We teach you how to take an active role in your treatment. One-on-one help from your health care team, support groups, educational classes - whatever it takes to help you manage your disease, we're with you.
- Complex cases don't scare us. We've seen it all - from a slight imbalance that is regulated by medication to hard-to-manage cases that will not respond to traditional treatment. We treat them all the same - spending whatever time and resources it takes to help you get better.
- Getting you better isn't the end. We want to keep you healthy. Together, we'll network and get you hooked up with local health and wellness resources to help you learn to live better overall.
- You can get your health record online. Vidant MyChart is a secure online patient portal that puts your health record at your fingertips. View your personal information, connect with your care team, check test results and more.