ORTHOPEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE
From nagging sports injuries to that knee replacement you have been putting off for a year – Vidant Health has all the orthopedic resources you need, right here in eastern North Carolina. We’ll work as a team – you, your family, your orthopedic doctor and, if needed, inpatient doctors, staff and rehabilitation professionals – to get you back to doing the things you love.
Our network of doctors can diagnose and treat disorders and injuries of your bones, joints, ligaments, tendons, cartilage and other connective tissue. Surgeons throughout our hospital system are skilled in joint replacement, sports injuries, traumatic injuries and more.
We have experts in arthroscopic procedures, meaning instead of having to make large incisions to get to your joints, doctors use minimally invasive techniques with smaller incisions. This helps with your recovery time too.
If your condition does require surgery, you'll know what to expect before, during and after the procedure, thanks to our educational videos. The information in the videos will help total hip replacement patients and total knee replacement patients get ready for surgery.
- We take a team approach to care. Many times, orthopedics and sports medicine care starts with your personal doctor or orthopedic specialist. If you have to come to a Vidant Health facility for surgery or other procedure, we work with your doctor to make sure we are all following the same care plan.
- We offer an alternative to inpatient hospitalization. At Vidant SurgiCenter, a free-standing outpatient surgical facility in Greenville, surgeons perform orthopedic procedures daily – even total knee and shoulder replacements.
- We're trusted. Athletes at East Carolina University, Pitt Community College and local high schools count on Vidant Health physicians to keep them healthy.
- You can get your health record online. Vidant MyChart is a secure online patient portal that puts your health record at your fingertips. View your personal information, connect with your care team, check test results and more.
- Top-notch technologies are here. Whether we are dealing with complex reconstructive surgery or rehab after surgery, Vidant Health has the latest technology to help you get better faster.
- Get care no matter where you live. All Vidant Health hospitals have orthopedic and sports medicine services.
- A Level I Trauma Center is always accessible. Wherever you are in the east, Vidant Medical Center in Greenville, the region’s only Level I Trauma Center, is not far away.
- We’ll keep working together, even after you’re better. Once you are back on your feet, we want to keep you that way. With our physical rehabilitation programs and two wellness centers in the region, you’ll be in tip-top shape in no time.